The Advanced Capture module in the Magic Leap Hub (ML Hub) enables developers to have greater control over the quality and look of the photos and videos of mixed reality content captured on device.
Using Advanced Capture
To begin an advanced capture session:
- Connect the headset to the computer and power it on.
- Check that the headset is detected by your machine by either opening the Device Bridge inside the Magic Leap Hub or executing
adb devicesin the terminal.
- Start the Advanced Capture module from the Magic Leap Hub home menu.
Once your device is connected, you can capture a preview snapshot of the view from the device by clicking the refresh icon in the upper left corner of the preview window.
The resulting still displays the quality of the image with its current settings, which can be adjusted using the settings UI on the left side of the Advanced Capture window.
Advanced Capture Settings
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 or 9:10 vertically
- Quality: 720p, 1080p or 4k resolution
Video and Audio
- Delay: Delays the capture start time from immediate to 5, 10, 20, 30 or a custom amount of seconds
- Duration: Sets the duration of the video capture, from Infinite to 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes or a custom duration
- Video Stabilization: When enabled, this setting stabilizes shaky capture
- Audio Type: Specifies the source of the audio to be captured - Voice, World, Virtual, or Mixed
If you need to stop video capture before the set duration is up, the Stop button appears on the Advanced Capture screen after 3 seconds of capture.
- Alpha Override controls the transparency of the virtual content.
- Exposure Compensation brightens or darkens the image to compensate for the level of light present in the real world.
- Tint controls the warm or cool tone quality of the image.
- White Balance is comparable to white balance settings on most digital cameras, the available white balance settings are Auto White Balance, Daylight, Cloudy, Twilight, Shade, Incandescent, Flourescent, and Off.
Reset to Default
If you need to reset the image settings back to default, click the Reset to default button in the upper left corner of the Advance Capture window.
When you are satisfied with the capture settings, click on the photo or video icon under the preview window to begin capture.
The resulting files will be saved to the path displayed on the screen at capture completion.
Accessing Captured Files
To easily view the images and videos captured through advanced capture, click the Open captures link located in the upper right corner of the Advanced Capture window above the Preview display.
Changing Capture Path
You can set the file path for your captures either from the Magic Leap Hub Home menu, under Home > Settings > Device Stream > General > Capture location or from the Advanced Capture window, under Advanced Capture > Settings > Device Stream > General > Capture Location.
ADB Screen Capture Commands
If you prefer to work with Advanced Capture via command line, you can reference the ADB Screen Capture Commands guide.