When a Dangerous or Runtime permission is requested by an application, users can accept or deny it using the UI graphic that shows at runtime or by navigating the system menu through the path Settings > Privacy.
Runtime Permission Prompt
Dangerous permissions need to be requested at runtime. When an application requests a permission, a prompt shows on the applications screen.
Permissions can be allowed or revoked using Android's Permissions manager.
- To access the Permission manager, open the Settings Application and located the Privacy option.
- Then select Permission manager.
- The Permission Manager Screen shows all the permissions and the number of applications that are utilizing them.
- Selecting a permission shows a list of applications that granted or denied access to the permission.
- Selecting an application allows the user to revoke or allow the selected permission.