Report an Error or Bug on Magic Leap Hub
This guide explains how to report an error or bug when using the Magic Leap Hub (ML Hub). Follow these instructions to gather and submit the necessary information for troubleshooting.
Save Diagnostics Logs
Start by saving the diagnostic logs from the Magic Leap Hub application. These logs help with understanding the issue you are encountering.
- Navigate to the Activities page on Magic Leap Hub.
- Click on Home.
- Select Save Diagnostic Logs… from the dropdown menu. This command creates a .zip file of the available log files.
Reporting an Error or Bug
Please post your error reports and questions on our Magic Leap 2 Developer Forum.
What Data Does the Report File Contain?
The .zip file includes diagnostic information from the user interface, the ML Hub server, and the ML Hub app. Examples of such information include, but are not limited to:
- Your user name
- Path names on your local hard drive
- Any log messages from the ml_logging APIs
- List of installed packages and versions
- ML Hub frontend layout
- Java crash reports
- mldb logs from default connected device
- Eclipse/ML Hub logs
- The ML Hub backend logs
These logs might contain information proprietary to you or that could identify you.
Protect Your Privacy
Before attaching the Magic Leap Hub Diagnostic Logs, ensure that you protect your privacy. You can open the Magic Leap Hub Diagnostic Logs which are compressed as a
.zip file and review the contents of the logs. Remove or obscure any information you don't want to be public.