When a Dangerous or Runtime permissions is requested by an application, users can accept or deny it using the UI graphic that shows at runtime or the system menu Settings > Privacy.
Runtime Permission Prompt
Dangerous permissions need to be requested at runtime. When an application requests a permission a prompt will show on the applications screen.
Permissions can be allowed or revoked using Android's Permissions manager.
- To access the permissions manager, open the Settings Application and located the Privacy option.
- Then select Permissions Manager.
- The Permissions Manager Screen shows all the permissions and the number of applications that are utilizing them.
- Selecting a permission will show a list of applications that have granted or denied access to the permission.
- Selecting an application allows the user to revoke or allow the selected permission.