How to Determine Device Edition
To determine whether your device is a Medical or Enterprise edition, use the standard Android SDK API call hasSystemFeature(featureName). The actual call will be
hasSystemFeature("com.magicleap.hardware.medical") and will return
True if it is a Medical edition.
Headstrap for Extended Wear
- The device package comes with a thin black strap that can be attached to the two upward-facing loops on each side of the headset. This strap should be used for extra head support during extended device wear.
Fogged Up Lenses
- Fogged lenses may occur as a result of wearing a mask while using the headset. We recommend the use of defogging sprays to reduce the amount of fog accumulation, specifically Zeiss Fog Defender and Bausch & Lomb.
Mask Wearing with Headset
- Use tape to secure the top of the mask to the nose bridge and cheeks in order to prevent hot air from fogging up the lenses while wearing a medical mask.
Device Getting Stuck in Boot Loop
If the device runs into an error during flashing resulting in a boot loop, it needs to be put into Fastboot mode.
- While the Compute Pack is cycling through continuous reboots, hold down the volume down key. This will cause the device to enter Fastboot mode.
Performing a Hard Reset
- Make sure the USB-C cable is not connected to the Magic Leap 2. (This is mandatory for the hard reset to work).
- Press and hold the power button for at least 20 seconds and then release the button. No LEDs should be on at this point.
- Now the device is ready to be powered up. Plug in the cable if desired and press power button to turn on the Magic Leap 2 PEQ.